Sunday, April 02, 2006

I'm back! I'm back!
My god! It's taken so long...!!!

The reason I haven't been posting, is because for some reason our ISP had a problem accessing just this one site, and have taken forever to fix the damn
problem! I've hated not writing, it's like my outlet, and although I've jotted a few things down in word, I've not written propper posts really. Anyway,
what's been happening? I can hardly remember, days turn in to weeks and before you know it everything kind of murges in to one, and you forget the little
details of life. I'm going to paste below, a post I did write, last Monday, because it sums up my main bit of news:

Monday 27th March
Wow! What a few days! I’m so excited, and yet so torn at the same time. On Friday I heard from the organisation I was most interested in travelling with,
about going to Africa, and they offered me a place in Zambia, teaching English for a month, and also working in an orphanage. It sounded so good, and I
spent the whole weekend thinking about it, and yesterday it took me all day to work up the courage to ring and book the trip. Don’t get me wrong, I want
to go more than anything, but when it actually came to the crunch I realised how scarey and daunting a prospect it is. But hey, I’m up for a challenge,
and now I have to wait for confirmation and then go ahead and arrange flights. I’ll be leaving on 3rd July and returning on 31st and I can’t believe it’s
actually coming real! O! My! God!!! The downside is that DL is gutted about me going away, and yesterday she was so miserable I just felt awful. To be
honest, I think it’ll do her good, and give her some independence in the relationship, but she doesn’t see it that way at all and is dreading the prospect
of being on her own for a month. She even said she didn’t want to go on holiday before hand anymore, but I got kind of mad and told her to not let it ruin
the couple of months in between now and me actually leaving, so she agreed and I’ve called the travel agent today to find out about going to Lanzarote
– she’s getting back to me with some details.

So yeah, emotionally it’s been a crazy few days, I finally handed in my essay this morning and so I’m going to relax until next week starts, then get down
to work again! I’m soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today
So yeah, I'm off to Africa and I can't quite believe it! It seems quite unreal still, and I can't believe it's only 3 months away. Uni has finished now
for three weeks, and for the past few days I've been relaxing and reading a Sarah Water's novel from start to finish, which was great, and also finishing
off American Psycho, which was very sick and disturbing. Next week I'll have to do some work, as I have a lot to get through over easter, but it's also
mine and DL's 18 month anniversary, so we're going to do something special. Then, a week today we're off to London for the week, and I'll stay for half
of it with DL's parents, and then visit friends, mainly Baby G, for the rest of the trip.

On Friday night I went to the cinema with Kim and Sean to see Trans America, which was very funny and moving and handled well I thought, as the subject
was transexuality. I arrived home to find that DL had baked a yummy cake, and bought me flowers, which was a lovely surprise. Yesterday my dear friend
who I call A gajer came to visit with her boyfriend. (she's Chinese and it means big sister, and I probably spelled it incorrectly). We spent the afternoon
shopping, which was great, it was lovely seeing her again as it's been a few months since we last met up. DL also surprised me with a new naval bar and
the new Sarah Waters book which I mentioned I intended to buy for my trip to Africa. I am very spoiled! Last night we ate very late, watched more episodes
of 24, and had mind blowing sex, which, I should add, just keeps getting more amazing and I'm the luckiest woman in the world to get whenever I want it.
Tomorrow we're having an Us day, which will probably involve breakfast in bed, followed by a day of making love and spending quality time together. I can't
wait!

Anyway, it's great to be back, and I'm very greatful to NTL for fixing the problem, although next time, do it faster!
I'm also going to back date another post, for the 22nd March, so that'll appear below this one, so don't miss it!
I'm now going to catch up on blog reading, and then cook dinner.

No comments: