Monday, July 16, 2007

Too busy living life to write about it

I haven’t really been in the mood to blog just lately, mainly because I seem to be on the go from the minute I wake up until I fall in to bed, usually with far too few hours to sleep until I have to get up again. Life in London is most certainly hectic, and I have to say I love every minute of it. Work is going really well, I’ve been really busy over the past week and am steadily getting to know my team better as time passes. I don’t much like the travelling in on the tube, I arrive at work looking flushed and sweating because we’re all packed in like sardines on the trains, but everyone’s the same really. I spent almost every night last week going to view houses, none of which were suitable for one reason or another, and my saving grace came in my friend O who insisted I not stay in that awful house any longer and move in to his flat, which I did on Sunday. I have to say he is an absolute godsend, he’s been such a lovely friend in my hour of need, I really do think I’d have gone crazy if I’d had to stay there any longer.

So I left work on Friday night planning to go for drinks with a friend of mine and his girlfriend. Unfortunately the traffic was worse than usual and it took me just under two hellish hours to get home in a cab, making me late to meet them. So I rushed around getting changed and headed straight out again, and we had a lovely evening catching up over dinner and drinks. Saturday I started packing as much as I could, and then in the evening I went out for drinks with a woman I met at the Wednesday group, so I’ll call her Group Girl. I met Group Girl and her friend in Soho and we went to The Edge bar and stood outside with drinks until it started raining, then headed to Rush which I absolutely love because it has bean bags downstairs and so you can just lounge around on the floor and it’s really chilled. Then we moved on to GAY which none of us particularly liked because it’s too cheesy by far, and then ended up in Trash Palace and stayed there until it was time to get home. I have to say I also have a new crush, but I’m not telling you whether it’s Group girl or her friend.  Anyway we headed to Leicester Square tube just when a fight was breaking out in the station, in time to find out that the Piccadilly line was down so no tubes home for me. I was very drunk by this point and so jumped in a cab and called O, woke him up, the poor thing and asked to stay at his place because it was closer. He was looking after the dog for the evening anyway, and I arrived on his doorstep with him in his dressing gown calling me a bastard, and the dog running around very pleased to see me and me wobbling drunkenly up the stairs. A good night all round then lol.

Sunday O and I just lounged around for most of the day and went to the supermarket, then DL came over in the evening to help me move some of my stuff in the car. We didn’t get all of it, and to be honest I was absolutely pissed off at my now ex housemates attitude. One stayed in his room and smoked weed which is nothing knew, and the other was too busy slobbering over the new German guy that had moved in to give a shit about what we were doing. I wouldn’t have minded, only they had used my crockery and cutlery, and it was everywhere and non of it was clean, and they didn’t seem arsed when some pieces from the very expensive set that DL and I bought couldn’t be found anywhere. I told them in no uncertain terms to find everything before I came back to get the rest of my stuff, whether it had any effect is anybody’s guess.

I left the house feeling quite stressed about it all, but soon relaxed when we arrived at O’s and unpacked my stuff. My room is what was his living room, and I have my TV and stereo and everything here, and I can get a wireless internet signal from some one else’s house, so I feel quite at home. He also has a lovely kitchen, so last night I cooked chicken stir fry with rice and bean sprouts for DL and I and then had a relaxing bath before going to bed. I can’t tell you how much more relaxed I feel just being here, the dog absolutely loves it because there’s plenty of space to run around, plus a garden, and the tube is two minutes away so no buses. I know it’s only temporary, but for now it feels like heaven.

So here’s how the rest of the week looks… Tomorrow night O’s friend A is coming over for dinner, plus I’m having another singing lesson. Wednesday I’m meeting HBS after work, she texted me yesterday hinting very strongly at another meet. Thursday I have to go out of town for work, then straight up to Sheffield that evening with DL in time for my graduation on Friday. Staying in Sheffield until Saturday to catch up with friends, then heading back on Saturday night to go to the theatre. Baby G and I have been given free tickets to an audio described performance on the condition that we write a review for the theatre company, so that’s all good. In between all that I have to look for houses, god knows when.

1 comment:

Kris said...

It's so good to "see" you again! Finally!

Wow, you HAVE been a busy girl! I'm so glad your friend was able to offer you the accomodations!

I hate to tell you this, but we just can't have you neglecting us this way. You're going to have to find a different job or something! I'm just teasing ya! But I miss nosing into your business when you're not writing! LOL!