Tuesday, January 16, 2007

slimming, shopping, suits and... flowers!

I got flowers today for the first time in ages! I was in the middle of brushing my teeth when the buzzer rang. My immediate thought was, "fuck, i haven't emptied the post box for about a week, so it's probably the post man with letters he can't post!" I was dressed though which makes a change, I usually answer the door to the post man in my dressing gown. Anyway, it was a woman who said, "I have a delivery of flowers for Miss *** ***", and so I got all excited and while going to the door pondered the possibilities of who they could be from. It turns out they were from sweet and thoughtful DL, wishing me good luck for tomorrow's interview thingie, and they even came with a vase and everything!

Last night I joined slimming world *groan*. Actually I don't think it's going to be as bad as all that, there's loads of stuff they call free foods that you can eat as much as you want of, so I can fill up on those. Oh well we'll see how it goes. There were women there though who had lost like six pounds in one week, so I'm slightly terrified at the thought of having my weight loss or gain read out to everyone next week. I also spoke to the woman in charge about getting the book either on disk or in braille so that I can work out my food plan, and as far as the braille was concerned she tried to make it appear as though she knew what she was talking about, and failed miserably. So I just smiled and told her to try and get it on disk or in a word document or something and she seemed relieved. I should call her though and tell her what braille is and that you can't download it off the internet as she seemed to think, that way she'll know for next time.

Today my dad is coming to visit, when he eventually arrives lol, and we're going shopping. I need to buy a new CD rack as I have more CD's than rack space so have to get a bigger one. I also have to go food shopping and then go and buy myself a suit. It's not the end of the world if I don't find one today, I have smart clothes i can go in tomorrow, but I'm gonna need one for all the job interviews I'll be going to over the next few months, (she says hopefully), so I figured I might as well go and see what I can get. I am definitely, I said definitely, going to bed early tonight as I have to be up early tomorrow. I haven't made it to bed before one in the morning for the past three weeks, and it has to stop because I'm wasting my mornings sleeping and then trying desperately to wake my brain up. Wish me luck for tomorrow! Uhg, was that my stomach rumbling?

No comments: