Monday, January 08, 2007

Reflections and Resolutions

Reflections and resolutions

Last year ran out before I managed to make a post to summerise the highs and lows, so I’m combining it with a post about this year’s resolutions…

Reflections
I have just gritted my teeth and took the dreaded step on to the weighing scales, and I am 7 lbs lighter than I was this time last year, about four lbs of which was put back on over xmas. Therefore, I did manage to keep the losing weight resolution, even if only to a minor degree.
I also Went on two wonderful trips, the first being a holiday in Tunisia with DL, the second was going to Africa for a month alone where I was fortunate enough to have some of the most amazing experiences of my life: visiting the Victoria Falls, meeting some of the lovliest and most humble people, walking with the king of beasts, riding on an elephant, boating on the Zambezi river, visiting two African countries, Zambia and Zimbabwe, to name but a few.
I grew another year older and hopefully wiser with friends and family by my side.
I didn’t lose anyone close to me to death, although I do know of at least three women who have sadly been diagnosed with cancer, one of which passed away. I also came in to contact with many sufferers of HIV in Africa, and so I am forever thankful for my good health.
On returning from Africa I was blessed with who is now one of the most important things in my life, that is my beautiful, faithful and extremely intelligent guide dog Una, who has changed my life completely!
In October DL and I celebrated two years of being together, and in November I ended the relationship. I have learned so much from this relationship, it has given me both some of the happiest and most painful moments of my life.
I learned a lot about myself last year, some things good, other things I don’t like and want to change. I certainly grew more confident and self assured, and consequently my attitude this year is if I want something, I will go out and get it!
I also completed another year of my degree and am now on the final stretch, which seems to be the hardest because of my lack of enthusiasm for studying.
I also applied for several jobs, at least one of which I hope to be offered this year.

Those are the reflections, the resolutions are…
Lose at least a stone in weight.
Enjoy being single for a while, making time for me.
Have as much fun as possible along the way.
Make the most of my new found confidence and zest for life.
Go to China, and possibly the USA.
If possible, move to London.
Work harder than I have been doing.
Try harder to keep in touch with friends that I have neglected, and let them know just how important they are.

Think that should keep me going, don’t you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it surely should. sounds like you grew and leanred in 2006. may 2007 find you in good health, happy spirits and find great joys and happiness. poet.